Reflecting on each of these scholars I identified a common
them, that it is important to look outside your organization to begin finding
solutions to the challenges your environment is facing. I think this is a message that is valid
whether you are speaking of individual teachers, departments, schools or
districts. It is valuable to search out
ideas for a solution before you try and come up with one on your own. I find that when I discuss challenges with
other teachers we almost always collectively find a solution to the
problem.
That's true, Rose. We have to be open to the learning experiences that can be found in so many circumstances. I found all three men interesting. They and this course have made me want to teach my colleagues about research. Especially for those of us whose subjects do not directly correlate to the state test. I am not certain how well my colleagues will take to the idea, but it is certainly a good way to collaboratively problem solve.
ReplyDeleteBest, Nancy